ActionTrac Powered Running Boards by Aries Feature
- A 4" Running Board and a "Step-Within-A-Step"
- 3" powered step that automatically drops 8" when a door opens.
- Together you get an industry leading step 15" below the doorsill.
- The 4" top step provides convenient access to the roof of the vehicle.
- The housing shields the retractable step, pivot points and electronics from the elements.
- And the contoured design helps protect the rocker panels from road debris and door dings.
- The integrated LED lights activate on deployment and for added visibility and safety
- The integrated control module detects obstructions and eliminates pinch hazards.
- Limited lifetime warranty (five-year finish and one-year parts)
Right Product at The Right Time - There was a time when only lifted trucks were too high for the average person to step into. However, today, even the "light duty" trucks are taller and climbing in and out of them is harder than ever before. ActionTrac to the rescue! Aries unique "Step-Within-A-Step" powered running board provides two levels of stepping surface. Open the door and a 3" wide step drops 8" from the 4" wide running board. Once lowered the bottom step is up to 15" below the truck doorsill.
Beauty and Brains - The ActionTrac has a smooth curved design that blends with the natural slope of the rocker panels and the matte black finish matches modern OEM truck accessories. Your ActionTrac steps deploy when the door is opened and retract when once it's shut but you can also switch them off for off-road adventures, washing your truck, vacuuming your interior, or when you want to use the top step of the running board for easy access to your roof mounted cargo carrier or ladder rack. Automatic LED lights brighten your path whenever the steps are deployed.
Independent and Self-Sufficient - Some powered running boards require the vehicles body module, PCM or OBD II port for operation. Tapping into any one of these systems improperly can damage expensive components or at the very least trigger faults that turn on the dreaded "Service Engine Soon (SES)" light. Aries ActionTrac requires only a simple connection to the battery's positive and negative terminals and most vehicles have studs on the terminals ready to accept the pre-installed eyelets at the wire's end. The rest of the wiring is self contained in the provided harness and control module. Simple magnetic switches are easily taped or glued to the door and jambs and the harness requires no splicing or cutting.
You Can Do It - Take a look at the installation video it's simpler than you can imagine. The running boards themselves bolt onto existing holes or studs already in place on your Jeep or Truck. Modern vehicles use snaps and clips to secure interior trim panels and most can be removed with a little tug. There are two holes that need to be drilled in the floorboards and one for the on/off switch in the dash (using a mounting bracket or concealed mounting in the console is an option to avoid putting a hole in the dash). The magnetic switches simply stick on the doors and jambs. No vehicle wiring or computer systems are involved AT ALL.
Let's Not To Forget The Basics - Constructed with Powder Coated 6061-T6 aluminum (that's the good stuff) these ActionTrac Powered Running Boards can handle 650 lbs of static weight! The single, rotary motor and hinge mechanism get safely "tucked-in" when the system is closed. protected from dirt and debris they are warrantied for life. The powder-coated aluminum is strong, durable, scratch resistant and will offer some additional protection to your rocker panels.
For Jeep Owners Without Doors or Tube Style Doors - The ActionTrac Manual Operation, door switch delete kit is available here .
What You Need To Know:
- You need to know your cab style to order properly. Use our Cab and Bed Guide if you're not sure.
- ActionTrac Running Boards are not a substitute for Rocker Bars or Rocker Rails
- Some RAM Trucks may require drilling for rear bracket installation
- Brackets, Wiring and Running Boards are all included
- Leonard Truck Accessories is a Direct Distributor of Aries Products .
- Made In The USA
Real truck lovers, off-roaders or fans of anything auto, be a truck hero and buy the best quality, best reviewed, best priced Aries products through Leonard Truck Accessories or visit any one of our stores in North Carolina , South Carolina , Tennessee , Virginia and West Virginia . Leonard Store Locator . Since opening in 1963 Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories' goal has always been to provide quality truck accessories at the lowest prices.
Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Ram, Nissan, Honda, Jeep and Toyota Truck owners may disagree on which vehicle brand is better but they can all agree that Leonard Truck Accessories is the perfect place to buy your Aries ActionTrac Powered Running Boards. See more products in Running Boards & Nerf Bars > Running Boards