Carry an Over Size Spare Tire While Maintaining Your Truck's Ground Clearance and Bed Space!
VT Gate, available with optional Hi-Lift jack mount (p/n: HL65000-B)
The VT TireGate line is perfect for camping, crawling, working or everyday use. The VT Series TireGate is mounted vertically behind the truck, over the rear bumper. It opens wide to allow full access to the truck bed and does not change your cargo space. This tough carrier allows you to haul up to a 40" tire (35" tire on small size Tiregates) while maintaining your truck's ground clearance and bed space. The TireGate is mounted directly into the factory tailgate mount positions with no cutting, drilling, or welding required (on most vehicles) *.
* 1999-2007 Ford F-250/F-350 requires drilling for extra bracing.
Larger tires are typically first on the list when outfitting a rig for more serious off-roading. The classic rookie mistake often made is to upgrade to four larger tires with a more rugged tread, but skimp out on the full-size spare. Its all fun and games until things go wrong. The Tiregate Vertical Mount Prepares you for when things go wrong.
A flat tire without a full-size spare could mean limping along for hundreds of miles on a puny spare. Potentially doing damage to your gearing and suspension. Not to mention losing out on all the fun of using your vehicle to its full potential.
Anyone seriously looking to head into the back country knows carrying a full-size spare tire is essential. However, finding an ideal place for a full size spare can be difficult. On many vehicles a full size spare wont fit in the stock location. Even if it does, carrying a spare under the vehicle is vulnerable to damage from rocks, reduced ground clearance, and in the likely event of breaking down on uneven terrain could be inaccessible without massive amounts of earth moving.
The Wilco Off-Road Tiregate Vertical Mount (VT) replaces the factory tailgate to carry an over size spare tire vertically over the rear bumper, freeing up precious cargo space. The Tiregate VTs patented swing-away design allows for full use of the cargo bed perfect for camping, crawling, working, or everyday use. The Tiregate VT installs with no drilling required. When it comes time to sell your rig, the factory tailgate is easily reinstalled with just a few bolts.
- MIG welded tubular and monocoque construction - 2" diameter heavy wall steel tube for durability and strength. (1 3/4" diameter heavy wall on small/mid size Tiregates)
- Every TireGate is powder coated with black polyester semi-gloss and is equipped with zinc plated hardware for long lasting performance in extreme conditions.
- Grade 8 high-strength bolts
- 2 latching pins with high shear strength rating to ensure your TireGate stays on and in place when you need it to most.
- 150 lb cargo capacity (load tested to 1,000 lbs.)
- Theft resistant
- Not recommended for trucks with fiberglass fenders without additional bracing.
- Mount a Hi-Lift Jack with optional bolt kit(requires bolt kit. p/n: HL65000-B)
- NEW Dimpled heavy gage panel for cargo retention and strength
- Made in the USA - To maintain the highest level of quality and craftsmanship, the TireGate is completely designed and fabricated in the United States.
Safety tether cable for wheel safety and security.
- Our innovative patented design is engineered to maximize your truck’s bed space while maintaining the level of quality that you won’t find on any other bed/tire carrier product.
- Available for most truck makes and models - We are continuously adding new makes and models to our lineup. If you don’t see your truck in our lineup, ask us, it will probably be available soon.
- Available accessories: hi-lift jack mounts (p/n: HL65000-B)
See more products in Cargo Management > Tire Carriers